Wednesday, September 4, 2019

First Day Introduction and Autumn Photography Article


Hello my name is Tabitha Sand. I am a Junior and a double major of Psychology and Sociology.I am hoping to get an internship with Child Protective Services next year to start a career with them. I enjoy traveling with my significant other Austin and reading. I work at a local coffee shop, which is fun at times. I don't have any pets only because "we can't get a dog until we own a house" as Austin says. I can not wait for the cooler temperatures and the leaves to start falling. 

https://www.nyip.edu/photo-articles/photography-tutorials/how-to-take-perfect-fall-photos

This article gave me a few tips and tricks to get less clunky shots of the season that I am most passionate about. One of the tips included making sure that when doing a reflection shot with a lake or pond, to check the weather and see if there will be any wind to reduce the possibility of ripples in the water. Though this may seem like an obvious thought, Half of the time I forget to check the wind before going out for a photoshoot. The article also recommended working during either early morning or late afternoon, which seems like a good idea. As a college student with a busy schedule, those are the few times when I have the most free time. The last tip that seemed extremely helpful that I had no knowledge of previously was to use a wide angle lens when trying to capture a wide landscape. In the past, I have only taken multiple shots instead of trying different a different lens (if there was access to one). I am interested in seeing how these tips will help me in my photography adventure this semester.  

No comments:

Post a Comment