Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Macro-ing it Up

As you might have read in a previous post, I love macro photography. It seems like the only type of ideas that I come up with when shooting macro is flowers. Therefore, I did the google thing and found some more interesting subjects to shoot. The article that I found that gave me the most ideas was "Top 27 Amazing Macro Photography Ideas That Will WOW People!" by Lewis T. 
(https://tripodyssey.com/macro-photography-ideas/). I should probably state that for the record that bugs like spiders, centipedes, and things of that nature are out of the question for a subject! I am a typical woman when it comes to anything that is small and crawling. Laugh all you want but no way am I getting close to any bugs. 

Some of the subjects that Lewis T mentions in this article are thing that I never would have thought of. The first one that I was shocked by was the idea of denim. I mean sure there are different patterns on the pockets but I never would have thought looking at the different stitches and dyes. Though it's not nature it's still interesting. 
Water droplets were the first nature macro idea that I have not done before. This is probably because whenever I have done macro its been winter and inside a green house. But shooting Water droplets could be my new favorite, I guess we will see when I try things out. 
The last idea that I thought of that was not included in the article would be ice on a river or a lake. Living in Montana it seems as though this would be obvious for me, but it just struck me due to the fact that snow is currently falling....it's the first day of October. I guess I'll get my chance to shoot ice sooner than expected. I found this picture of Abraham Lake by Gavin Hardcastle an amazing example of frozen lake photography. If i were to find anything like this I would make an attempt to shoot more of the bubbles under the lake.   
 Image result for frozen lake photography

No comments:

Post a Comment